Hearing Aids Online
Traditionally, consumers have only been able to purchase hearing aids through an Audiologist. With more and more people using the internet to research about hearing loss or hearing aids a new breed of hearing aid companies have been created to cater to this growing market. Hearing aid manufacturers generally don’t allow companies to sell hearing aids online directly to the consumer, given that hearing aids are a medical device it’s important that before purchasing a hearing aid you get assessed by a trained professional. Hearing aids are only one piece of the puzzle for better hearing, a hearing professional can also provide guidance and tips on how to manage life with hearing loss.
Hearing Choices’s model mean you get the advantage of buying through the internet such as competitive prices and up to date information with the local face to face care from a qualified and professional Audiologist. Hearing aids are a medical device and therefore customers can buy through Hearing Choices but need to be seen by a local professional in our network. There is also a 45-day no obligation trial period meaning that if you are not completely satisfied with your device, you can return it and get 100% money back guaranteed. Finally, unlike other online hearing aid sellers, where warranties are not covered by the manufacturer, at Hearing Choices you get a full manufacturers warranty.
Guide to Buying Hearing Aids Online
- Browse hearing aids online:
- Simply browse different hearing aids or view all the brands on the market.
- If you need advice or help choosing, simply call us on 1300 848 335 or contact us through livechat and a hearing consultant can help.
- Book a consultation with a local clinic:
- Hearing Choices will put you in touch with one of our local clinics in your area to either conduct a hearing test, or if you already have one, to discuss the different hearing aids and devices currently on the market. The consultant will match you with a device that suits your hearing loss, lifestyle and budget.
- After paying for your hearing aids, we’ll arrange for a fitting appointment roughly a week after your initial consultation to fit your hearing aids and program them to your level of hearing loss
- Live Life with better hearing
- You can start enjoying life with your new hearing aids and better hearing. Hearing Choices has a 100% satisfaction guarantee which means if we can’t help you hear better you can get your money back within 60 days of your fitting appointment.
- Your local Audiologist will be there to answer any questions and provide follow up consultation to ensure that your hearing aids are always performing to meet your lifestyle.
What’s included when you buy hearing aids online through Hearing Choices?
- Access to Hearing Choices’s competitive prices with our price match guarantee.
- A consultation with a local partner Audiologist who will conduct a thorough hearing test.
- Hearing Aids programmed and fitted to match the results of your hearing test and lifestyle.
- Follow up appointments throughout your first year to ensure that your hearing aids are performing as they should.
- Access insurance rebates and government schemes if available.
Advantages of Buying Hearing Aids Online
- Prices are cheaper through purchasing online due to lower overheads and more volume compared to going directly to a clinic.
- Information online is constantly being updated so you get the very best information about the latest devices on the market.
- Access to our network of local Audiologists and Hearing Choices’s hearing consultants to help you pick the best hearing aid.
Disadvantages of Buying Hearing Aids Online
- By purchasing hearing aids through Hearing Choices, you get the advantages of buying hearing aids online listed above without any of the disadvantages as you will get the local face to face care from a local and qualified Audiologist.
Which hearing aids are available online through Hearing Choices?
- Hearing Choices are independent from the hearing aid manufacturers and therefore we can offer every device on the market today. Some of the popular hearing aid brands available online are Phonak, Unitron, Widex and Resound.
- There are over 1000 devices on the market today so an Hearing Choices consultant will explain the difference options and prices to ensure you are well informed about devices that match your needs.
What should you know before buying hearing aids online?
While there are many clear benefits to buying hearing aids online, there are still things that need to be considered, especially if you are a first-time user of a hearing aid. Firstly, hearing aids are complex devices that require the digital data of your hearing loss in order to function in a manner that will benefit you. The type, degree, and configuration of your hearing loss can only be diagnosed by a qualified audiologist, and only can they then program the hearing aid to suit your needs and preferences.
Without the assistance of an audiologist, even if you have read a multitude of reviews and descriptions, you can not know which hearing aid is best for you. Even with a pre-programmed hearing aid, you can still lose benefits as it is not amplifying in accordance with your type of hearing loss or ear canal resonance. Just like the hearing loss itself, your ear and its acoustics is unique to you, meaning that hearing aids are not a one size fits all device, but instead require in-depth programming. Furthermore, it is not just your hearing ability that is considered, but your lifestyle, ability to perceive and understand speech, and other health problems that may affect your ability to manipulate the hearing aid. These factors can easily be overlooked by you when you choose to buy a hearing aid online without the consultation of an audiologist.
The process of hearing aid fittings must include diagnosis, programming, counselling, and support. If you choose to buy a hearing aid online without contacting an audiologist, you risk the success of the hearing aid as these steps are skipped. This means either you do not wear your hearing aids because you do not find it helps, or you do wear your hearing aids every day, but do not receive any benefits. This makes the cheap cost of buying hearing aids online not worth it. In addition, without the counselling an audiologist can provide to ensure you are ready to wear a hearing aid, the chances of you not using your hearing aids is high.
Hearing Aids Online is rated 4.9 with 18 reviews.