Best Hearing Aids
For many people, the moment that they learn that they need hearing aids can be a life-changing moment. There can be a range of emotions–from mourning the loss of one’s hearing, to excitement that they will once again be able to effectively hear all of the beautiful sounds that life has to offer with the use of hearing aids. Whatever the emotions, it is important when choosing hearing aids that you and your audiologist work together to find the best hearing aids to fit your needs. When choosing your hearing aids, you must take into consideration not only your hearing but also your lifestyle and budget. There are such a wide range of options and combinations to choose from, that you and your audiologist should be able to find a pair that you are comfortable with.
Australia’s Top 5 Hearing Aids
Below you can find some of Australia’s best hearing aids on the market today. This list is in no particular order, ultimately the best device for your depends on your specific needs which include your lifestyle, budget and level of hearing loss. A Hearing Choices consultant will be able to provide guidance an advice on the different options available through our network of pre-vetted Audiologists around Australia. The best hearing aid is different for everyone and really depends on your type of hearing loss, what type of lifestyle you lead and most importantly the expertise of the hearing care professional fitting the device. By going through Hearing Choices not only do you get Australia’s best prices on these hearing aids but you also get access to our network of pre-vetted hearing care professionals who can expertly fit your device, provide counselling and help you with any issues on your journey to better hearing. Give us a call on 1300 848 335 for advice.
1. Phonak Audeo B Direct
Why We Like It
- Phonak’s excellent Autosense OS system means less manual adjustments and seamless automatic adjustments depending on your listening environment.
- The Phonak Audeo B direct is the world’s first hearing aid with direct streaming for iPhone and Android streaming.
- Excellent directional microphones for noise cancellation in noisy listening environments.
2. Unitron Moxi Tempus
Why We Like It
- The Moxi Tempus Now is one of the worlds smallest RIC device and is incredibly discreet.
- The Tempus platform offers excellent all round performance in noise and are great value for money option
- The unique Unitron Flex program means you can easily trial multiple technology levels to ensure you are getting the best technology for your listening needs.
3. Oticon OPN
Why We Like It
- Made for iPhone hearing aid with excellent streaming performance for both music and calls.
- Oticon’s Brain Hearing technology provides for effortless hearing in noise with amazing customer feedback.
- The OPN is also upgradable with a recharging kit.
4. Resound Linx 3D
- Excellent clarity in noise, especially for speech.
- Made for Iphone which means you can stream calls and music directly to the hearing aid.
- The Resound smartphone application gives you excellent control over the hearing aid functions and provides world class telehealth options.
5. Widex Beyond Fusion 2
- Excellent all round performance in noise.
- Made for iPhone and are especially good for streaming music.
What Main Features Should I Look For?
The two main styles of hearing aids are those that go in the ear, and those that go behind the ear. In the ear styles can range from the tiniest, most invisible hearing aids that are worn inside the ear canal, to the larger low profile hearing aids that can be seen in the bowl of the outer ear.
Behind the ear styles are available for those patients who find that wearing a hearing aid inside of the ear is uncomfortable for them. They also range in size and style, and are the style used most often for those with severe or profound hearing loss. Each style of hearing aids has its own advantages and disadvantages for you to consider when choosing the best hearing aids for you
Another important consideration when choosing the best hearing aid to fit your needs is the technology in the hearing aid itself. While there are many basic models of hearing aids to choose from, technology has advanced to make many hearing aids more automatic and customisable.
For example, many hearing aids produced today are using wireless technology to both give the wearer more control over the customisation of their device, as well as to make the two separate hearing aids operate like one device, which makes the use of hearing aids feel more like natural hearing . Some of the best hearing aids even come equipped with bluetooth connectivity so that the hearing aid can be connected to a wireless device such as a tablet or cell phone, and those devices can send their electronic signals directly to the hearing aid for listening to music, watching videos, and of course, talking to loved ones.
What are Some of the Best Hearing Aids Brands?
Phonak makes a few excellent models of hearing aids, including both behind-the-ear, and in-the-ear models. Both the Phonak Naida V and the Phonak Sky V for children, rest behind the ear, and are made for those with moderate to severe and profound hearing loss. One advantage of these is that they are smaller than many devices on the market, and can be fitted for those with a wide range of hearing profiles. They also make the Phonak Virto B–series, which range from a small, discreet in-the-canal hearing aid that is virtually invisible to outside observers, to a larger low-profile model that rests in the bowl of the outer ear for those with more severe hearing loss.
Oticon also makes a wide range of hearing aid models for both adults and children that go both in the ear and behind the ear for adults and children. The Oticon Ria 2 line of hearing aids gets consistently good reviews from users, and comes in a wide range of options–from those that are are barely noticeable even for the wearer, to those that rest behind the ear for wearers with more severe hearing loss. Oticon makes some of the best hearing aids on the market.
With all of these Options, How Do I Select the Best Hearing Aids For Me?
The first step in selecting the best hearing aids for your needs is to make an appointment with an audiologist. The audiologists at Hearing Choices want to help you to find the best solution for your hearing loss, and can guide you in the right direction to find what works for you individually.